Anyone may request child support services by completing an Application for Child Support Services and submitting it to the CSEA.

Visitation, Custody, Divorce and Establishment, review, and modification of spousal support (alimony) orders are not provided services by the CSEA.

Payment records can be printed off the Web Portal at https://childsupport.ohio.gov/login.jsf. If you do not have a computer or printer, you may visit the CSEA’s kiosk in our lobby to print your payment history.

No. Your case is confidential. Child Support Agencies cannot release information to another party, including your attorney unless you have signed a release. Your attorney and the CSEA have forms for this purpose.

Appointment of Authorized Person


Yes, this can be done. Depending on the facts, it could be handled in our state or referred to another state. An affidavit of the facts, including the name and address of the responsible parent, details of your financial circumstances, and the needs of the children will be included. The petition will be mailed to the enforcement agency that will be handling the case.

No. The agency does not have the ability to track how child support payments are utilized after they are disbursed to the residential parent.

Establishing parenthood may provide legal, emotional, social, and economic ties between a parent and a child. It should also make it easier for a child to find out about medical problems that may run in the family. Establishing parenthood makes it easier for the child to qualify as a dependent for the parent’s disability, retirement, or veteran’s benefits or for an inheritance as a next-of-kin.


If you are not receiving support, please contact the agency by phone, in writing or through the Child Support Web Portal. If we do not hear from you, we cannot assume that collection or enforcement is required.

The following information may be requested if you are requesting enforcement. Your assistance can greatly enhance and even guide our actions.

  • Name and address (if known) of the Obligor
  • Name and address of the Obligor’s most recent employer
  • Names of friends and relatives, or organizations to which the Obligor may belong
  • Location of any real or personal property the Obligor may own
  • Any other information concerning the whereabouts of the Obligor

Pursuant to OHIO law and regulations enacted by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS), a CSEA can take action to enforce a support order when a case is in default. To be in “default”, an obligor, or person paying support, must have an arrearage greater than or equal to one month’s support obligation. Ohio support orders are, by law, administered on a monthly basis.

Pursuant to regulations issued by the State of Ohio, the CSEA takes action to enforce a support payment when the payment is one month or more in default. The CSEA will investigate to determine why support is not being paid (illness, loss of employment, change in employment, etc.) The CSEA will work with all parties concerned to resume payments as soon as possible.

When a case falls into default, a Notice of Default issues ordering that an additional amount of support be deducted from the obligor’s wages. This is automatically set at 20% of the current child support order. Arrears may also be collected through the interception of lump sums, federal and state income tax refunds, bonuses, lottery winnings, etc.

Yes, unemployment compensation can be withheld for child support.

The most helpful information is the obligor’s social security number and current employer’s name and address. Other information that can assist in location includes the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any relatives, friends, or past employers who might know where the obligor works or lives.

Unions, local clubs, or organizations, including professional organizations, might also have information. Finally, information about local creditors, such as banks or utility companies, might yield an address.

This varies, depending on what action is necessary. If an interstate request is made to another State for enforcement of an order, it may take several months or years to get the case into court. If legal action is required, the Agency will closely monitor the status of the request.

Review & Adjustment

Either party may seek a modification of an order issued in another state. Determining which state has the authority to modify an order can be complicated. Contact the Agency directly for more assistance regarding this type of situation.

The child support guidelines are the standard method for setting the amount of the child support and cash medical support obligations in the child support order. The guidelines use a mathematical formula based on the combined income of the parents and other factors, such as any social security benefits the child is receiving on behalf of one of the parents.

Skip to content